Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Crochet Afghan (Unfinished)

As if learning how to knit was not enough, I decided to pick up crochet as well. I remember a little bit about it back in elementary school when Home Economics was a required course - I don't believe it's required anymore. Darn! I'm THAT old!

Anyway, started out an Afghan and I thought 9 skeins would be enough. As I got further into it, I thought it would not hurt to get two more skeins just in case. I am only about 1/3 into the size I want and used up 6 skeins! I hope I can still find this yarn.

Yarn: Lion Brand Chenille Thick & Quick

Dye Lot: 178 Basil

Using 9MM crochet hook, I just chained until I got to my desired length. Do not ask me if I can estimate - I have NO clue! Just making this up as I go; no pattern. I still don't know how to properly explain a crochet pattern either so bear with me.

At the end of your chain, start a triple stitch and connect to the 3rd to the last chain. Do another triple stitch and attach to the same chain.
Skip two chains.
Do two more triple stitch and hook those to the same chain.
Skip two chains.
Do two more triple stitch and hook those to the same chain.

Keep repeating this pattern back and forth. I have no clue how to bind off yet - I'm not done :)

Pics coming soon

4 comments:

bennie said...

good job sis!!

Pepper said...

NO!! Friends don't let friends crochet! I'm not sure what kind of deal you got on your yarn, but you can buy it for $3.99 at Smiley's. (scroll down the page till you see it). This is an excellent discount site, but there is a minimum purchase of $40. If you don't need that much maybe you can team up with your friend at work to place an order.

Good luck! I still don't approve of the crochet... ha ha

Pepper said...

OK, I just double checked and they don't have your color. Maybe you could do stripes?

Cressida said...

uh, way more advanced than I care for. I was just curious what it would look like - hehehe.