
After I finished my Two Hour Scarf, I got tired of the garter stitch. Still not knowing how to do a purl stitch, I experimented with slipping stitches on and off the needles and seeing what pattern emerged - I later found out that I was working "slip stitches" and "yarn overs." After unraveling two scarf patterns, I found one that I liked and worked on it from start to finish. It is titled "Birthday Scarf" since it was knitted during my birthday in its entirety.
Yarn: Lion Brand Homespun (1 skein)
Dye Lot: 375 Candy Apple
Needles: US 19 / 15 mm
Knit with 2 strands of yarn held throughout.
Slip knot and cast on - total of 11 stitches. Knit first row.
Row 2: K2tog, Y1, K1. (end up with 10 stitches).
Add stitch before beginning next row (need to start with 11 stitches).
Repeat Row 2 pattern until 47" of yarn remaining. Knit a final row. Bind off and weave in ends.
4 comments:
Yay! You have a knitting blog! And you are already knitting lace! I am so proud of you. Pics!!
p.s. you need to sign up for a Ravelry account! It is the most awesome thing knitting thing ever!! www.Ravelry.com membership used to be really limited and it took a few months to get an account, but I think it might be more or less instant now. Do it! Now!
Hey, Criss!! Knitting, huh! I've been pushing that idea around lately, too. I have to get back into sewing, first - you know, justify the reason I spent $200 on a well-oiled machine that I put away after my wedding! Yay. After that - doll houses are my passion. I can't WAIT. I'll keep you informed as I get to them.
There's 7,000 people in front of me! That's a long waiting list!
Post a Comment